"It's not the heat - it's the humidity." Today's homes require effective humidity control more than ever before. Equipped with super efficient central air conditioning systems, near-impermeable vapor barriers and improved insulation, many new homes suffer from excess moisture problems. For more than 50 years, Aprilaire has defined the ultimate in home humidity control. American Weathermakers recommends the Aprilaire brand. Don't just treat the symptoms, remove them, with Aprilaire industry-leading whole-house dehumidifiers.
Air conditioning alone can't satisfy your home's humidity requirements. Your air conditioning system is designed to control temperature, not humidity, and only removes humidity as a byproduct of cooling. During the spring and fall seasons when it's still cool outside but damp inside, your air conditioning isn't running and your house is uncomfortable - you need an Aprilaire whole-home dehumidifier.
The following is taken directly from American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology:
"Molds are commonly found in outdoor air. However, any house can develop a mold problem given the right conditions. You might not see it growing on the walls, but it may still be present in your home. Molds require two factors to grow indoors: (1) free moisture that can occur in the form of relative humidity above 50 percent, leakage from pipes or foundations, or any ongoing source of water, and (2) something to grow on."
Still questioning if you need a whole house dehumidifier? Ask yourself if you or a family member have experienced these common symptoms associated with humid air:
- Trouble sleeping at night due to clammy skin or stuffiness in the air?
- Do you ever reduce the temperature setting because you're uncomfortable with stuffy air?
- Do your floors or other surfaces ever feel sticky or "sweaty"?
- Are you concerned that mold and mildew are growing in your home?
- Do you have a musty odor or smell in your home?
- Do you have condensation on your water pipes?
- Do you have wet/water stains on walls or ceilings?
- Do you or a family member have allergy problems? (Over-moist air can encourage the growth of mold, bacteria, and dust mites - three commonly known household allergens)?
American Weathermakers can permanently solve your humidity problems. Just call us at (847) 509-7777.