Ultraviolet (U.V.) germicidal lights are a great way to handle system mold in the air. The U.V. system is a recent breakthrough in protecting the health of your home by making the air in your home cleaner and reduces your family’s exposure to harmful airborne pollutants and contaminants.
Ultraviolet light in the “C" band (UVC) has been used for more than 65 years to kill microorganisms in hospitals, barber shops, laboratories, pharmaceutical plants, and at the nation's Center for Disease Control. Residential ultraviolet units have been independently tested and proved to be effective in the constantly moving air environments of heating and cooling systems, killing mold and bacteria quickly and effectively. The UVC energy emits an intense light that reacts to contaminants and pollutants which then attacks the organism’s DNA and either destroys it immediately or prevents it from reproducing.
For most people, the original motivation for installing the lights is to abate indoor air quality complaints and/or allergies. However, they are also pleased to learn that many hidden odors are also eliminated with U.V. technology.
If you suffer from poor indoor air quality or want to way to remove allergens and other illness-causing pollutants for your home’s air, give us a call at 847.509.7777 and we can tell you more about how UV Germicidal Lights can help you.